Saturday, April 7, 2012

Announcement

It's time for the announcement. To check it out head on over to the blog my wonderful wife updates (tacastle.blogspot.com) and see it in all its awsomeness.

There is no hiding now. Word is public and everyone knows our intentions and desire to adopt.


Whew, it feels like another burden has been thrown off my back. I feel like Christian in Pilgrim's Progress when he finally allows the burden to fall away. It feels so much better to just have the news out there.

It also brings up a new set of nerves because now their is no turning back. Not that we want to but now people would know if we decided to go a different route.

As Ash pushed post on FB I think both of our hearts skipped a beat. Now the world was brought into our little secret. No longer was it just family and close friends. How would the news be received? Time would tell.

The feeling of seeing how people truly care for and love you is indescribable. The outpouring of love that began within a minute of post being pushed was overwhelming. Countless comments and we love yous was pure bliss. I know the love will only grow as we get further into this process. The smile that spreads across my face grows bigger when I think of the loving place that my future son/daughter will be brought into. Not just from Ash and I but from the people we choose to surround ourselves with.

That kid has no idea what they are in for but if they did I am sure they would be turning flips inside the womb right now.

-Trev

1 comment:

  1. Looks like no one is commenting on your posts, so let me PROUDLY be the first. I have ALWAYS loved reading the words that you put on paper. Whether a poem scribbled on the back of a church bulletin, a few words of thanks written inside a card, a freshman journalism article from your very own column...no matter what, I will always be the biggest fan of the words you decide to "pen"...or blog! So excited for the journey that you and Ash are on and I couldn't be more proud!

    Momma :-)

    ReplyDelete