I find it funny how many decisions go into this whole process. For some I am sure the simple step of deciding to adopt is the hardest decision in the world. For us, especially me, that was never even a question. Adoption has always been something I wanted to do. Never a question in my mind that one day my family would not look like a traditional white American family.
But,
so many questions.
Adopt from where? Use what agency? Siblings? Where is the money going to come from? How to we announce this? What is your will Lord? These along with countless others grasp and wrestle in my mind with each passing moment. They withhold sleep when I lay down and arouse me from slumber when I finally drift away. Now, these decisions are not torment. They are heavy but there is joy in each one.
Domestic infant
One decision down, infinite to go.
Let's do this
-Trev
No comments:
Post a Comment